Homeschool Consultations are for families that want to learn more about homeschooling or who are just starting. During a homeschool consultation, we will go through all the information you need to start homeschooling in the state of Florida. I will answer all the questions you have as well as recommend support groups, field trips, co-ops, and places in Florida that offer homeschool days, and more. I will also offer guidance on what to include in your end-of-year portfolio and/or can take a look at what you have so far. The above is only an example of a few things that we can discuss.
Below are more examples of topics that we can discuss in a homeschool consultation:
- Legal aspect: We will go through the legal aspects of homeschooling in your state – you will learn about the process of registering with the county, any forms you need to fill out and submit, testing, end of year evaluations, and more.
- Homeschool environment: You will learn about having a dedicated space for homeschooling, obtaining the needed materials, and creating an environment that is suited for learning and fun.
- Curriculum: We will look at curricula available and how you can search for what you are looking for.
- Learning outside the home: Discover everything about field trips, homeschool groups, and sports to make any day a learning experience.
- Homeschooling Style: You will learn about the different homeschool styles and the options you have to either choose one, or use the best of all. You will choose what is the best choice for you and your family.
- Learning styles: We will discuss the different learning styles and how this is important in your homeschooling for the parent and child.
- How to end the school year: We will go over creating a report card and transcripts, celebrating, and receiving certificates.
- Preparing your Middle Schooler for High School: We will discuss what is your goal for High School, do you want your child to take AP courses? Advanced? Honors? I will suggest courses that your student can take to prepare him or her for this change.
Wondering if a homeschool consultation is right for you? Email me at: email@example.com. If you don’t hear back from me within 24 hours, please check your SPAM folder.
Looking forward to talking to you!